Getting started on your health and ﬁtness journey can be a daunting process. What to do ﬁrst? What to focus on?
WE HAVE PUT TOGETHER 10 STEPS TO HELP GET YOU STARTED.
1. First up, decide what it is you wish to achieve. Take your time on this one. Make sure it is what you want, not what someone else wants.
2. List the reasons why you want to achieve this goal. What is the purpose? How did you decide this is what you want to achieve?
3. Next up, start a new list and write what it will feels like once you have achieved your new goal. How will you look? How will you feel? Take your time answering this one also, but really place yourself in the future as if you have achieved your goal already as you answer this one.
4. Let’s dig even deeper. We looked at why you want to achieve your goal, now list down what will change in your life from where you are now to when you achieve your goal. Will it be you will be able to keep up with the kids? Will it be you will be able to ﬁ t into that pair of jeans you really want to wear? Will it be your conﬁdence will return?
5. What is the reward you will receive once you reach your goal? How will you celebrate your success … New wardrobe? Holiday? It is super important that we celebrate everything we achieve.
6. Support network: Having a support network of like-minded people surrounding you while you work towards your goal is crucial to success. Who will be by your side cheering you on?
7. Appointments … next book in and block out your workouts as appointments with yourself. Make sure they are times when life doesn’t get in the way and they can be consistent each week. Without appointment times booked in life can quickly steer us off track.
8. Identify your worst habit that has got you into the position you wish to get out of. What is it? Time to get to work on changing this.
9. Commit. Decide right this moment that you are going to go all chips in and commit to your journey. Decide you will work through the bad times and celebrate the good. Decide you will see it through until you reach your goal.
10. Now take your ﬁrst step. Not tomorrow, but today.
Achieving health and ﬁtness goals are hard work.But reaching them, the ones that are important to you will reward you with endless beneﬁts. The hardest part is taking the ﬁrst step.
Once you take the ﬁrst step, momentum will start and each step becomes that little bit easier. So take that ﬁrst step and start working your way through our 10 steps to take action towards achieving your health and ﬁtness goals today.
As you work through your journey, remember there will be good and bad times which are completely normal but the reward for seeing things through will be well worth it.
Do you have any tips for setting fitness goals? Share them in the comments below.