Created by the Head Chef of 2016 Australian restaurant of the year, Momofoku Seiõbo, this tasty meatball curry will become a family favourite. Sure to tantalise your tastebuds with an array of ﬂ avours, this will become a favourite in your household. For more recipe ideas go to www.thecurrencykitchen.com.au/
PAUL CARMICHAEL’S LAMB CURRY
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
400 g lamb mince
200 g ricotta
1 tbsp cumin, ground
1 small brown onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp black pepper, ground
1 tsp white pepper, ground
8 tbsp butter
6 tbsp Madras curry powder
3 eschallots, brunoise ﬁnely diced
2 cloves garlic, grated
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
Lime juice, to taste
METHOD — MEATBALLS
1. Preheat oven to 220°C.
2. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Roll into eight even balls.
3. Roast balls for 10 minutes at 220°C.
4. Set aside.
METHOD — CURRY
1. In a pan toast the black and white pepper, over medium heat, for one minute. Add the curry and continue to toast for another minute. Set aside.
2. Sweat the garlic and eschallots in the butter over low heat for eight minutes. Raise the heat to medium and add the reserved curry mixture and all remaining ingredients (except the lime juice and water). Taste and season if necessary.
3. Add enough water to bring the mixture to a thick sauce consistency. Season and adjust with lime juice.
4. Add meatballs and glaze. Serve hot.
• Make sure your lamb meatballs are just cooked through to ensure a tender, juicy results
• If you can’t ﬁnd lamb mince, just ask your butcher to make it fresh for you.
Do you have a great meatball dish? Share it in the comment section below.